The Anglia modelled is remarkably original and has covered just 16,000 miles since being registered to Mr George Irwin Smith on 1st May 1964, by Dinnages of Wivelsfield Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex; the company having been the Ford Main Dealers for this area from 1956 to the present day. Current owner Colin Moir, a time-served Ford mechanic who runs his own garage business in Aberdeenshire, saw the car at the 2013 NEC Classic Car Show Silverstone Auctions' sale and, having wanted one when he was a Ford apprentice, purchased it on impulse. He then had to fly back to Scotland, pick up his low-loader, and drive back to Birmingham to pick it up!
In 1964 Mr Smith paid £475 for the car, plus £99.10s 6d purchase tax, a delivery charge from Ford's Halewood plant of £13.00, and a fee for the number plates of £2. 5s. The road fund licence was £5.10s and the garage charged £1.15s.6d for fuel and oil. However, he received £260 for the 1959 Morris Minor he traded in. Dinnages serviced the car regularly until October 1973, by which time it had covered only 13,647 miles. In 1977 it was sold to a second owner who stored the car perfectly but did few miles. It has never been welded or painted and current custodian Colin Moir, the car's third owner, enjoys taking it to local shows along with his 1930 Ford Model A.